My friend Kristin has a way of stimulating my thought, she posted this cute thing:
If we incorporate the attitude “I am just an instrument in God’s hands,” then the burden of karma will fall away from us entirely. Only when a pen is in someone’s hands can it write letters. It does not write on its own. So too it is with a paintbrush. It does not paint on its own. Someone has to hold it to paint. We have to be like a pen or a brush in the hands of the Divine.” ––Amma (Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi) #tbt
And of course, I abreacted at first, not wanting to be a zombie for God, wanting to say “I CREATE MY REALITY” (ok where’s the beachside mansion with the blonde in a bikini?!) but fearful of public outlash against negativity, I instead questioned: “What is this god? What is this master power”? And was certain I had compiled a list, but cannot find it, so here we go:
- Impermanence: “What rises must fall, all component things disintegrate, whatever is born must die. All meetings end in separation.” – The Sutra of the Wise and Foolish.
- Balance – “If you need one word for me, it is Balance. Two words, rhythmic balance. Three words: rhythmic balance interchange of apparent opposites.” – Walter Russell, the Divine Iliad
- Loving Kindness
- The Psychedelic *is* the Creator – is the Flesh of God – Teonanactl – so says The Temple of the True Inner Light
- Utter nothingness – the life static particle beyond space and time, but capable of postulating space and time – so says L. Ron Hubbard and the various offshoot movements of Scientology. Quite a good and powerful system if you get the practice from a pure source outside the Church.
- The Divine – what the hell is that?
- Juramidam – the gigantic (and real as hell) spirit that manifests when you consume the holy Daime (ayahuasca) from the Santo Daime Organization.